We take dental emergencies very seriously at Ash Tree Dental. Every day, hundreds of people experience tooth fracture caused by trauma, grinding, eating hard foods, etc. Dental Treatment is required almost immediately following something like this in order to guarantee your teeth have the best chance of survival.
We understand the dentist office is not always the place we want to be, especially in an emergency situation. This is why we can help alleviate the stress and anxiety by providing you with sedation during major dental procedures. The amount of sedation given is always calculated very carefully and is only enough to put the patient in a relaxed state. Interestingly, we have seen many patients actually fall asleep during a procedure while only a small part of their mouth was frozen just because they were so relaxed!
Call Ash Tree Dental Office immediately if you have one or more of the following:
- Chipped or broken tooth/teeth
- Severe toothache
- Lost filling or abscessed tooth
- Sensitivity to hot or cold
- Other emergencies to teeth or jaw region
Don’t wait until it gets worse.
Most dental emergencies escalate quickly, so do not wait any longer than you have to.. Please contact Ash Tree Dental Office in Fresno, CA at or simply drop into our dental office. We accept new patients and walk-ins.
Here are some tips for common dental emergencies
- For a knocked-out permanent or adult tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your cheek and gums, in milk, or use a tooth preservation product that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance. Then, get to Ash Tree Dental Office right away.
- For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
- If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area gently with water and apply a cold compress.
- For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it out. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
- For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.
When you have a dental emergency, it’s important to visit our dental office or an emergency room as soon as possible.
Here are some simple precautions you can take to avoid accident and injury to the teeth:
- Wear a mouthguard when participating in sports or recreational activities.
- Avoid chewing ice, popcorn kernels and hard candy, all of which can crack a tooth.
- Use scissors, NEVER your teeth, to cut things.
At Ash Tree Dental Office in Fresno, CA, our Fresno Dentists reserve time in their daily schedules for emergency patients. Call our Fresno Dental Office at (559) 558-5454 and provide as much detail as possible about your dental emergency.